Converting an E-2 Visa into a Green Card

Employment Visa

The dreams of entrepreneurship pay no attention to international borders.

However, if you’re a foreign national hoping to start your business in the U.S., you’re probably aware that you’ll need to obtain a visa in order to pursue your goal of pursuing your dream here.

If you’re working on an E-2 visa in the U.S., you may wonder how you can convert that into a more permanent green card, and in today’s blog, we’ll review a few things that can help you accomplish the task.

For foreign nationals who need assistance with business plan development, Business Plan City is your one-stop-shop for finding a well-crafted business plan to help you in your pursuit of U.S. business ownership. Shop our packages today!

What is an E-2 Visa?

This type of visa permits individuals to enter and be employed in the U.S. if they’re solely developing and directing an investment enterprise while in the country. There are several qualifications to obtain E-2 classification per the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) guidelines.

What is a Green Card?

In the U.S., green cards are officially termed “permanent resident cards.” This type of permit allows a foreign national to live and work permanently in our country.

Three Conversion Tips

If you’re a foreign national who’s wondering how you can convert your E-2 Visa to a green card, you’re not alone. Below are a few things that can help get you there:

  • Invest More Money to Attain an EB-5 VisaNo matter which visa you intend to pursue to start a business in the U.S., they will all take some type of investment. E-2 visas require less investment upfront than an EB-5 visa, and therefore, are commonly a preferred pursuit. However, if you can afford to invest a little more money, an EB-5 visa may put you on a faster track to permanent residency.
  • Consider a Regional Center Project Investment as a Workaround for EB-5Similar to the option just mentioned, this route allows you to maintain and operate your E-2 visa business while also investing in a Regional Center Program as a more affordable way of obtaining an EB-5 green card. To learn more about the USCIS guidelines for Regional Center Project investments, click here.
  • Have an Employer or Family Member Sponsor YouIf you don’t have the additional funds needed to invest in an EB-5 visa or a Regional Center Project, you can consider seeking sponsorship through your employer or a family member. Depending on your circumstances, your employer can work with you to get an exemption or, if you have a close relative in the U.S., he or she can sponsor you while you work to manage your business.

Business Plan Development Assistance for E-2 Employment Visa Holders

In conclusion Business Plan City offers a wide variety of business plan packages that are sure to suit your budget and your needs. Questions? Visit our FAQ page and then shop our packages today!